Image By :- Wikipedia
More than 11 Lakh Permanent Account Number (PAN) are deactivated by Government. On July 27, 11,44,211 spam PAN-Card are identified by the Government according to Indian Express.
If a person can hold more than 1 pan card it is against the rules of Indian government under the section of 272B and Income-Tax act 1961.
How to check your PAN is still active or not :-
1. Visit the Income-Tax e-filling portal.
2. Under services tab click Know Your PAN.
3. Now Enter Your Name,Surname,Status,Date of Birth e.t.c. with your mobile no.
4. Enter One Time Password (OTP) received on your registered mobile no. and click on validate.
5. If PAN is active, it will show 'Active' under remark.